Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

On the Road Again 🎶🎶🎶🎶

We were on the road again this morning. First we stopped by the lovely coffee shop we have been patronizing since yesterday. We were sitting outside enjoying our javas, people going in and out of the coffee shop are friendly. An older gentleman walks by with a big camera around his neck. He says hello, I'm an old geyser, I like your boots, can I take a photo of them? I've had many people admire my cowboy boots but that is the first time anyone has wanted to photograph them! I said sure he could! Strange things often happen!
Soon we were on the actual road, heading down a secondary highway in Hill Country. The terrain was gently rolling hills and big oak trees, red barns and many beautiful ranch gates. The distance from Georgetown to Luckenback is only 95 miles so it was a short day on the bike.
After a stop for lunch we soon arrived and checked into the Sunday Hotel on Main Street Fredricksberg. Fredricksberg is 11 miles from Luckenback and the closest accommodation available. We have stayed at the Sunday twice before and the owners are very nice as is the hotel.  After a relaxing time at the pool we made our way to Luckenback. It was the same as ever it is, there were a group of musicians outside at the pickers circle, just strumming and drumming and singing. Very laid back, the chickens and the roosters were in their usual form, climbing the trees and pecking around, squawking at the music. Quite amusing!
Our friend Walt was not there nor did we see T-Bob or Virgil, but hope they will be around tomorrow.
We came back into town and had dinner at a steak restaurant across from the Sunday. I had grilled catfish for the first time, it was delicious; Jeff had chicken steak and garlic mash....also good. The air conditioning was so cold we basically ate and ran. There was a Mexican restaurant next door so we decided to pop in and have a margarita as long as it wasn't too cold. It wasn't chilly so while Jeff had a margarita I had a chocolate fudge cheesecake.....what was I thinking! It was very sweet, I didn't think I could eat it but I eventually did......and had a hot water with lemon to wash it down.
We came back to our hotel and sat outside at the gas fireplace on the patio for a little while.
A nice night.............

No comments:

Post a Comment