Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Moving On.......🚇 to Glasgow

I was packed up and ready to go. I thought Ollie and his sons had gone out for breakfast .....not so, the boys were still asleep and Ollie was out with their dug....Rocky.  I sat and chatted to Ollie, who was now back with the dug. (That’s Scottish for dog). The rain was on again off again. I got a little wet walking to the station, not being able to manage an umbrella  and a rolling suitcase on cobblestones.
It occurred to me as I got my ticket from the machine, this is much easier than in France, all is in the kings english! £12.90. The train was on time. I was sitting in a 4 seat configuration hoping the train would not be full as it didn’t appear to have a spot for luggage unless you could manage the overhead rack....I could not! So mine was beside me. At each stop, more we’re getting on than off. We were passing garden allotments, golfers braving the rain, lots and lots and lots of sheep and baby lambs.....so pastoral! The horses in the field were wearing full coats, down to their knees! A riding school of young kids were out in rain gear as well.
The train was arriving in Glasgow so I pulled out my pocketed notes to refresh my memory of my instructions. Detailed instructions! I was walking as the hotel was so near the station I didn’t  think a taxi would take me.  After  walking what I was sure was much too far I decided I would ask the next person who I thought looked “local” . It was a chap eating lunch out of a plastic container. He set his lunch on the curb and consulted his phone. This is getting to be a thing with me, very annoying.
Sure enough the hotel was close, now I just had to turn right then right again then left and I was there.
I settled into my room and went out and about as I was not meeting the tour group till 6 in the hotel pub. I came back, had a bath and went down to the pub for 6.  As I suspected the tour travellers were all around my age, but dare I say some looked older?  The tour director said for us all to get a complimentary drink at the bar.....so we soon knew who all were .  I met a few Americans, a couple of Canadians, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, a New Zealander.  There seemed to be more single ladies than  couples., apparently there is one ‘young’ couple. I’ve heard the bus holds 50 and there are 43 of us, so a few single seats. I also heard that the bus is brand spanking new, if you were arriving by plane today the tour bus picked you up.
Breakfast, full on Scottish I believe, is at 7, bus leaves promptly at 9.
The adventure begins.......back in Edinburgh.....which I knew, so I left a few things off my list last week.
Stay tuned mates!
Cherrio the noo!

No comments:

Post a Comment